Monday, April 9, 2012

post Spring Break...9 weeks left!

Bear Mountain hike in Sedona with Mrs. Stitt

I love cactus!

WE clean up pretty nice!

Yea...for a date!
And yea for shorts and ice cream!
We had an adventurous...fun...exciting...camping...and some glitz-filled spring break! I hope you had fun too. Judging by the stories that were shared in morning meeting and the journal entries during writing time...it sure sounds like all the kids had a blast!

It's good to be back. I can't believe we have 9 weeks left. I have my work cut out for me. We have 3 short units in math to breeze through...2 writing units and 2 reading units...

Some things to know:
NO more volunteers are needed. I will be calling on a few on an as NEEDED basis...but it is this time of year when I like to start weaning the K's from all the support and start them on the INDEPENDENCE TRACK. Please understand that I appreciate all of your help. I will be having a VOLUNTEER luncheon in May. More details to come!

NEW kindergartners for the 2012-13 year SCREENING is coming up on April 24th. If you have one coming in...please stop by and get your packet. It is due by the 19th. Please call and schedule an appointment for the 24th. If you know any new K's coming in...help by spreading the word. Thanks!

I will be taking a leave of absence next year until January. I will not be here at all until after the Christmas break.

Young Author's night is coming up April 19th at 7:00pm. We have an exciting evening planned for you all this year. :)

NO school on April 20th (TEACHER in-service day)

April 30th - May 4th is Missoula Children's theatre

Reading this week consists of:
Graphic organizers and Summarizing
Letters of the week: Ee, Jj, and Ww
Snap words include: go, from, down, help and away
We will be practicing our DAily 5...book shopping for new books for our book boxes...honing our word attack skills and practicing reading EXCELLENT.

WRiting this week and next week will consists of poetry in honor of April. Be sure to check out of SPRING poetry coming this week and will be featured in our hallway. 

Math:
1. Order of daily events
2. More patterns (workbook time)
3. Attribute review and GUESS my number games
4. Count with calculators (review)
5. Measurement with children's feet

ALL KIDS need their WHITE t-shirts this week!!! Please have them no later than FRIDAY because Ms. Farrier will want to start planning her VISUAL piece to our ABC dance in May. *More information on this later too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mrs. Griffin loves comments....so please leave one!