Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Welcome letter...can you believe it's almost time?


Dear Kindergarten Family,

Hello! My name is Mrs. Griffin, and I want to welcome you as members of our Kindergarten classroom community. I am excited to be your child’s teacher and look forward to exploring and learning with them this year. Beginning August 31st, we will start getting to know each other as we build our classroom community and establish routines. This is my eighth year in the school district and my fourth year at Alta Elementary.
       Now you might be wondering, “Who is this Mrs. Griffin?” So I will tell you! I grew up in a small town in Alabama, just ten minutes from the Florida line. I attended college at Troy University in Troy, Alabama, where I studied Elementary Education and played on a basketball scholarship. I moved to Wyoming after graduating in 2002. I originally came to see what winter was like because I had never seen snow before. I fell in love with the mountains and met the man of my dreams on my first night in the valley. That man is now my husband Jordy. He has been teaching for the past eight years at Jackson Middle School, but will now be the BIG room teacher. We moved to Victor, Idaho seven years ago and have a great cabin in Pole Canyon that we share with our two-year-old son, Whityn, two cow dogs, two crazy laying hens and one kitty that loves to hunt.
       I enjoy snowboarding, skiing, and a good workout in the winter months. In the summer I enjoy anything outdoors, including riding my new mountain bike, hiking, climbing, canoe camping, horseback riding, playing softball, and running. I am happiest in the mountains. My husband and I spent a lot of time adventuring with our little boy Whityn this summer. Some highlights include traveling back east to Vermont, New York and Canada…canoe-camping on Elk island…wakeboarding on the Palisades…jumping up and down during the Michael Franti concert…and celebrating Whityn’s 2nd birthday. I hate to see summer come to an end, but am excited to see a new year begin with you.
       Now that I have shared a little about myself I would like to learn more about you. Parents, please write a letter that will help me get to know you and your child. Include interests, strengths, challenges, allergies, and any other information that you think will help me provide a comfortable learning environment for your child. Please send the letter with your child during the first week of school.
       I am delighted to have you as part of our classroom community, and look forward to a fun and exciting year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mrs. Griffin loves comments....so please leave one!